Written by Weiss, in Rip Crew, when a disgraced ex-FBI agent turned criminology professor discovers that his most gifted students are planning a massive heist, he decides to scoop their score and become the criminal he used to chase.
More from Deadline
- Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Live Induction Ceremony To Be Replaced With HBO Special Due To COVID-19
- HBO Max's Global Rollout To Be Led By Hulu's Former International Chief Johannes Larcher
- HBO Max Greenlights Animated Series 'Young Love' From 'Hair Love' Helmer Matthew A. Cherry
Weiss and Seitzman executive produce with Ross Dinerstein of Campfire. American Dream/American Knightmare producers Eva Gunz and Edward McGurn are co-executive producers. The story is inspired by a portion of Jerry Clark’s life rights, with Clark serving as consulting producer. The project stems from the overall deal Seitzman had at ABC Studios/ABC Signature Studios.
Weiss was an executive producer on the third season of Seitzman’s Code Black. He most recently was a consulting producer on ABC/ABC Studios’ Stumptown. He previously was a co-executive producer on Chicago P.D. and was a producer on The Mentalist.
Seitzman was also executive producer/showrunner on ABC’s Quantico. In addition to Code Black, he also created drama series Intelligence, which aired for one season on CBS.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Pass 50,000 For First Time As Donald Trump Says, "It's Working Out Very Well"- Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto