One Tree Hill alumna Hilarie Burton is set for a multi-episode arc on NBC’s new midseason drama series Council of Dads, from Doubt creators Joan Rater and Tony Phelan, Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Universal TV. It’s slated to premiere in March.
Inspired by Bruce Feiler’s best-selling memoir The Council of Dads: My Daughters, My Illness and the Men Who Could Be Me, the series tells the story of Scott and his family, whose lives are thrown into upheaval when he gets a potentially terminal diagnosis. Facing his mortality, he and his wife assemble a unique group of carefully chosen friends to support his family and guide them through the ups and downs of life’s many challenges. Sarah Wayne Callies, Clive Standen, Tom Everett Scott and J. August Richards star.
More from Deadline
- 'AGT' Alum Sharon Osbourne Rips Simon Cowell And The NBC Show's "Boys Club"
- Gabrielle Union To Meet With NBC Soon On 'America's Got Talent's "Toxicity", Will Not Return As Judge
- Gospel Music Industry Drama 'Kingdom Business' Produced By DeVon Franklin, Holly Carter & Kirk Franklin In The Works At NBC
Burton will play Margot, a funny, intelligent foodie who is an executive manager at the Gladwell Restaurant Group and who becomes Standen’s love interest.
Known for her role as Peyton Sawyer over six seasons of One Tree Hill, Burton’s other recent credits include recurring on Lethal Weapon, as well as Extant, White Collar, and Grey’s Anatomy. She is repped by APA and Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers