It’s well known that Reese Witherspoon and her daughter Ava Phillippe, with former husband Ryan Phillippe, could pass for twins — but the latest pic Witherspoon shared on her Instagram has us doing another truly eye-popping double-take at the resemblance. And as if you needed further evidence that this intergenerational pair look just like twins, here are a couple more pieces of evidence.
The Morning Show actress shared a snap on Instagram on November 21, showing the pair sharing salads at a casual restaurant. “Lunch with my girl,” she captioned the pic, which shows the duo’s informal lunch at a table dotted with their sunglasses and phones.
More from SheKnows
- Meghan Markle & Prince Harry Might Be Trying for Baby No. 2 -- Here's Everything We Know
- Bode Miller & Wife Morgan Admit They Haven't Yet Named Their Weeks-Old Twin Sons
- Jenna Bush Hager on the Good, Bad, and Ugly of Being a Working Mom
It’s hard to even tell which generation is which on first glance. For context, Witherspoon is 43 and Phillippe is 20 years old — but the 23 years between them hardly register in this pic, where the mother-daughter pair could be not just sisters but practically identical twins. Some commenters even made jokes like, “Your daughter’s beanie is so cute!”
In case you need further evidence that this intergenerational pair look just like twins, consider some of the other proof Witherspoon’s Instagram provides:
And this throwback to Witherspoon herself at age 25? Uncanny resemblance to her daughter at a similar age right now.
Best of SheKnows
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018
- Winter Movies That Aren't About Christmas You Can Enjoy Right Now