The post Corey Taylor’s Look-Alike Son’s Band Vended Play First Headlining Show: Watch [Updated] appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Slipknot singer Corey Taylor’s teenage son Griffin Taylor is playing his first headlining show with his band Vended. They’ll take the stage on March 8th at the iconic local club Vaudeville Mews in Des Moines, Iowa.
Update – March 9th: The Vended show took place on Sunday, with Griffin Taylor and company playing an intense set in front of a packed crowd at Vaudeville Mews. Watch the full performance below.
Griffin, who bears an uncanny resemblance to his father, previously showcased his skills when he joined his dad onstage during Stone Sour shows in 2017 and 2018. He’s also played cover songs with Shawn “Clown” Crahan’s son, Simon Crahan, who also appears to be in Vended.
The second generation of Slipknot is in full effect, with Clown’s daughter Alexandria Crahan-Conway getting the credit for Vended’s press photos. Griffin Taylor and company are even sporting some Slipknot-esque makeup in the shots.
- Slipknot announce North American Knotfest Roadshow tour
- Slipknot’s “Tortilla Man” identified in new unmasked photo
The show in Des Moines echoes the humble origins of Slipknot themselves, formed by musicians from the city’s underground metal scene. There would be numerous members and lineup changes before the band signed a record deal and Corey Taylor joined as frontman, but Slipknot cut their teeth at venues like Vaudeville Mews.
Watch Vended’s first show below:
- Billie Eilish Launches "Where Do We Go? World Tour": Setlist + Video
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson Test Positive for Coronavirus
- DaBaby Allegedly Assaults Woman at Concert
- SXSW, Ultra Music Festival Are Not Offering Ticket Refunds
- Amanda Bynes Ordered Into Psychiatric Facility
- R Kelly's Ex-Girlfriend Claims Singer Made Her Eat Human Feces