.Lipkin leads Columbia University’s Center for Infection and Immunity. He revealed his condition today while appearing on Fox Business from his home.
More from Deadline
- HBO Now Usage Leaps 40% Amid Coronavirus Crisis; WarnerMedia Posts Viewership Gains With Titles Like 'Ebola' & Contagion'
- Coronavirus Fears Spark Sales Surge For 'Contagion' Film, Dean Koontz Novel
- 'Contagion' Surfaces On iTunes Top Movie List In Wake Of China's Coronavirus Outbreak
“If it can hit me, it can hit anybody,” Lipkin said. He described his condition as “miserable.”
Lipkin said where he got the virus isn’t important.
“This virus can be found all over the United States,” he said. “You can get it anywhere.”
Lipkin said research is ongoing at prominent medical schools like Columbia and Johns Hopkins, in some cases using blood from recovered patients. “But we will be able to use lessons learned to developed other sort of pharmacological treatments based on what we’ve found,” he said.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll At 737 As Cases Pass 50,000; Global Deaths Nearing 20,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto