Oscar-winner Common and Elementary alum Jonny Lee Miller are set to co-star opposite Keke Palmer in the Steel Springs Pictures thriller Alice from writer and director Krystin Ver Linden. Inspired by the true events, the plot follows a woman of servitude in 1800s Georgia, who escapes the 55 acre confines of her captor to discover the shocking reality that exists beyond the tree line… it’s 1973.
Steel Springs’ Peter Lawson (Spotlight, John Wick) is producing the project with executive producers Jose Agustin Valdes, Luisa Fernanda Espinosa, and Palmer. Steel Springs is fully financing and will commence production this August in Georgia.
More from Deadline
- 'The Chi's Lena Waithe & Common To Headline Virtual Concert Fundraiser For Equal Justice Initiative
- YouTube Launches $100M Fund To Amplify Black Voices; Sets Racial Justice Special Hosted By Common & Keke Palmer
- Keke Palmer To Star In 'Alice' From Writer, Director Krystin Ver Linden & Steel Springs Pictures
Recording artist and actor and actor Common stars in Tate Taylor’s upcoming drama Ava with Jessica Chastain and the sci-fi feature Nine Lives also opposite Miller. Earlier this month, Common and Palmer also co-hosted the YouTube fundraiser Bear Witness, Take Action, dedicated to amplifying and developing the voices of Black creators, artists and their stories.
Miller, whose credits include Hackers, Mindhunters, and T2 Trainspotting, will next be seen in Wyatt Rockefeller’s sci-fi Settlers in addition to Nine Lives.
Common is repped by UTA, Grandview and Myman Greenspan Fox, while Miller is with UTA and 42.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: New U.S. Cases Near All-Time High; California, Florida and Texas See Record Spikes- Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto