Biden’s town hall drew more viewers than MSNBC during the time frame of 8 PM ET to 9:15 PM ET. MSNBC had just over 2 million viewers. But Fox News’ Tucker Carlson Tonight and Hannity drew an average of 4.6 million during that period. In the 25-54 demographic, Fox News had 774,000, CNN had 716,000 and MSNBC had 352,000.
Later in the evening, Fox News aired portions of Trump’s rally in Wisconsin during Hannity and The Ingraham Angle. The network drew an average of 4.4 million viewers from 9:15 PM ET to 10:30 PM ET, compared to 2.9 million for MSNBC and 2.2 million for CNN. In the 25-54 demo, Fox News had 732,000, CNN had 492,000 and MSNBC had 428,000.
The figures are from Nielsen and were released by Fox News.
CNN said that the town hall was its highest single-candidate town hall ever.
Trump’s town hall with ABC News on Tuesday drew 3.8 million viewers.
Anderson Cooper moderated the CNN town hall, which was held outside in a parking lot next to the PNC Field near Scranton. Questioners appeared outside of their cars, spaced apart for safety reasons in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
Related Deadline Video:
More from Deadline
- Joe Biden Gets Hometown Hero Welcome At CNN Town Hall; Putting Putin On Notice, Ex-VP Offers Preview Of First Debate With Trump
- Greta Thunberg, Time's 2019 'Person Of The Year,' Has Returned To School
- President Donald Trump Agrees To TikTok-Oracle-Walmart Partnership
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Serviceâ€™s Series, Films, Sports, News & More