Clairo made an appearance on Tuesday’s episode of Ellen to support her recently released full-length debut, Immunity. Our August Artist of the Month delivered a laid-back rendition of the album’s lead single, “Bags”.
While her recent TV debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live found her flanked by a full children’s choir, Clairo kept it simple for Ellen. Against a purple and pink sunset-toned backdrop, the bedroom pop artist chugged out gritty chords on her electric guitar. “Bags” is a low-key jam, and Clairo honored that as she sang through the soft-spoken, vulnerable verses as her backing band slyly swelled into the choruses.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- Nick Carter gets restraining order against brother Aaron Carter
- Tekashi 6ix9ine spills everything about his former gang, names Cardi B in testimony [Updated]
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Mike Patton on Joining Faith No More, Finding Inspiration from Tom Waits, and Being Yourself