Durie will be responsible for leading the distributor’s global strategy for sales, pre-sales, acquisitions, and co-productions of scripted content. Based in London, he will report to Peter Emerson, president of Cineflix Media.
More from Variety
- Aspiring Actress Tearfully Testifies Harvey Weinstein Assaulted Her and Offered Parts for Sex
- ViacomCBS Sets $375 Million Deal for 49% Stake in Miramax
- ViacomCBS Nears Deal for Minority Stake in Miramax (EXCLUSIVE)
Durie joins Cineflix from Miramax, where he was vice president of sales EMEA across the company’s TV, feature film, and library businesses.
“We’re ramping up our scripted production and distribution activities, acquiring some of the most exciting new series coming to market,” said Peter Emerson, president of Cineflix Media. “James’ track record and global relationships, as well as our increased investment in scripted will enhance our competitive edge as an indie with quality dramas for platforms and broadcasters worldwide.”
Cineflix Media and Cineflix Rights have eight scripted series currently in production including “Coroner,” “Pure” and “Wynonna Earp.”
Cineflix Rights also has new series coming from its partner production companies Buccaneer Media and Connect3 Media, as well as the first season of international spy thriller “Mirage” and season three of “Marcella.”
Best of Variety
- Oscars 2020: The Complete Winners List
- Final Oscar Predictions: Who Will Win in the Major Categories?
- Oscars 2020: How to Stream and Watch Online