The post Chromatics share gentle, acoustic new song “I Want to Be Alone”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Chromatics have returned with another new song. It’s called “I Want to Be Alone” and finds the electronic act sounding more earthly than ever. The somber track comes paired with a vintage Johnny Jewel-directed video featuring vocalist Ruth Radelet.
Those still California Dreamin’ after Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood should no doubt relish the ’60s iconography. It’s lush with that era’s spectral psychedelia, and the looming candles even add a tinge of Italian giallo to the mix.
Chromatics still plan on releasing the much-hyped and much-delayed Dear Tommy. Earlier this year, they released their new single “Time Rider”, and followed that up with their first full-fledged tour in over half a decade. You can revisit our review of their Chicago stop, and our past interview with Jewel in which he discusses the album’s delay, his solo work, and his involvement with Twin Peaks.
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel
- Nick Cave on his breakup with PJ Harvey: "I was so surprised I almost dropped my syringe"
- Leslie Jones, Alec Baldwin exit SNL
- Dropkick Murphys stage intimate performance outside sick kid's window: Watch
- Put a smile on that face with the new trailer for Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker: Watch