The post Christine and the Queens Sings “People, I’ve been sad” on Colbert: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Christine and the Queens has spent the global lockdown perfecting the art of the intimate at-home performance. Last night, she showcased all she’s learned by singing “People, I’ve been sad” on Colbert.
Perched on a windowsill in her Paris abode, Chris sang the track off the La Vita Nuova EP while golden-hour light cracked through the clouds on the other side of the glass. Even sitting still, her foot propped up against the frame, she proved to be one of the most emotive and graceful artists working in pop. Watch the replay below.
If Christine and the Queens seems particularly comfortable with these sort of isolated performances, it’s likely because she’s been regularly delivering livestream performances for fans. Included in the streams have been covers of The Weeknd’s “Blinding Lights”, Travis Scott’s “HIGHEST IN THE ROOM”, and Neil Young’s “Heart of Gold”.
- Eddie Vedder, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney Play Lady Gaga’s One World: Together At Home Concert: Watch
- Top 25 Pop Albums of the 2010s
Back in February, she dropped the La Vita Nuova EP and it’s accompanying short film of the same name.
- R.I.P. Brian Howe, Bad Company Singer Dies at 66
- Ranking: The Beatles' Albums from Worst to Best
- Shinedown Singer Says Band's Summer Tour Is Still a Go: "You Can't Stay Inside Forever" [Updated]
- Live Nation Planning to Resume Concerts at "Full Scale" Beginning in 2021
- Jerry Stiller Gave Seinfeld Its Greatest Blooper