The post Christine and the Queens Performs “I Disappear in Your Arms” on Fallon: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Christine and the Queens stopped by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon on Friday night to play “I Disappear in Your Arms”, a bonus track off this year’s La Vita Nuova EP. Héloïse Letissier, the artist behind the moniker, used the opportunity to turn the song into an emotionally moving performance in the middle of an empty venue — a stark reminder of all the concerts the coronavirus pandemic has canceled.
In the live performance, Letissier belts out the lyrics to “I Disappear in Your Arms” while the booming synth percussion from the Christine and the Queens track echoes behind her. She finds herself standing in a shadow-laded venue, completely alone, while dolled up in a frilly white blouse. That’s when she begins pacing around the empty room, locking eyes with the camera, before she concludes the rendition with improvised, snappy dance moves against the backdrop of a beam of light.
Watch a replay of the performance below.
- Eddie Vedder, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney Play Lady Gaga’s One World: Together At Home Concert: Watch
- Top 25 Pop Albums of the 2010s
All told, this was a much more dramatic, albeit similarly intimate, performance as Christine and the Queens’ recent musical appearance on Colbert. Letissier may be feeling sad these days, but she’s got a heart of gold that maintains her status as being the highest star in the room.
- Dolly Parton statue may replace KKK leader memorial at Tennessee Capitol
- Dave Chappelle Drops Surprise Netflix Special 8:46: Watch
- The Sopranos Creator David Chase Accidentally Reveals Tony's Fate
- Danny Masterson Charged With Raping Three Women
- John Cleese Mocks Fox News for False Reporting on a Monty Python Quote