The post Christine and the Queens Drops Surprise EP La Vita Nuova: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Christine and the Queens returned earlier this month with the solid and infinitely relatable single “People, I’ve been sad”. It turns out the track is actually part of a full EP, La Vita Nuova, which the French artist has surprise-released today alongside a short film. Stream both projects below.
Due out through Because Music, La Vita Nuova (“a prospect for a new life”) features a total of six songs, including a title track featuring guest contributions from former Chairlift singer Caroline Polachek. According to a statement, the EP “draws strength from extreme vulnerability” and was self-produced by Christine and the Queens, aka Héloïse Letissier, with assistance from Ash Workman.
The musician’s accompanying conceptual film, also dubbed La Vita Nuova, was shot at the Palais Garnier. In it, we see Christine and the Queens dancing throughout the famed Parisian landmark, later joined by Polachek. The 14-minute visual was directed by Colin Solal Cardo (Charli XCX, Robyn) and includes choreography conceived by Ryan Heffington, best known for his work on Sia’s memorable “Chandelier” clip.
La Vita Nuova Artwork:
La Vita Nuova Tracklist:
01. People, I’ve been sad
02. Je disparais dans tes bras
03. Mountains (we met)
05. La vita nuova (feat. Caroline Polachek)
06. I disappear in your arms (bonus)
- Flavor Flav Hits Bernie Sanders With Cease and Desist Over Public Enemy Campaign Appearance
- Public Enemy Fire Flavor Flav
- Bloodhound Gang Announces Hooray For Boobies 20th Anniversary Reissue
- Garth Brooks elicits wrath of Trump supporters after wearing Barry Sanders jersey
- 10 K-pop Albums Every Music Fan Should Own