Chris Rock addressed Donald Trump during his opening monologue tonight for the inaugural episode of season 46 of Saturday Night Live. The show also featured a performance from Megan Thee Stallion as the musical guest.
During the monologue, Rock walked on stage with a mask, but immediately took it off to deliver his monologue. He started by addressing the elephant in the room, which was Trump getting COVID and is currently in the hospital. “My heart goes out to COVID,” Rock said.
Prior to the episode airing, the cast went through a very COVID-friendly read through at a six-foot distance from one another, masks on of course. The last live episode of the show aired in March before production had to be paused due to COVID-19. Three more episodes aired later on with all sketches being from home.
- Watch Chris Rock's Controversial "SNL" Opening Monologue
- Here's What Happened When Chris Rock Hosted "SNL"
- Sneaker Shopping With Chris Rock
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.