Chris Brown has responded to claims made in an investigative report from Billboard, telling fans in a clip posted to social media Thursday night that he's doing fine. In the clip, Brown also expresses frustration at the timing of the article. As announced in February, Brown is set to embark on a two-month tour with 50 Cent and Fabolous later this month.
"Y'all gotta stop with this angry shit," Brown says in the clip. "I'm tired of reading about some shit as soon as I got something poppin'. As soon as I want to promote a tour, party, fucking album, anything, y'all bring up something." Brown, who also said no one should be concerned with who he's dating, added: "I am not hurting out here. Trust me."
In the Billboard investigation, Brown is described by a "onetime member" of Brown's management as "basically the new Bobby Brown." An account of Brown's time preparing for the European leg of One Hell of a Nite in 2016 from various former team members also alleged that, during this period, Brown would stay awake for days at a time while using coke and "dabbling in" Xanax, molly, and lean.
Karrueche Tran, a model and former girlfriend of Brown's, reportedly filed a restraining order against him last month following alleged death threats. According to TMZ, Tran said in a sworn statement to the judge that Brown "told a few people that he was going to kill me." TMZ said the order would require Brown to stay 100 yards away from Tran, her mother, and her brother.
- Chris Brown's 'Downward Spiral' Allegedly Due to Using Coke, Xanax, Molly, and Lean
- Soulja Boy Taunts Chris Brown Over Karrueche Restraining Order
- French Montana Lives It Up With Chris Brown and Migos in New Video for "Hold Up"
More from Complex
- Slain Rapper Bankroll Fresh's Debut Album Finally Has a Release Date
- U.S. Soccer Creates Rule Mandating Players Stand for National Anthem
- Donald Trump 'Went Ballistic' on Senior Staffers in Heated White House Meeting
- Isaiah Thomas Says Phoenix Suns 'Gave Me a Christmas Gift' Trading Him to Boston Celtics
- Mark Cuban Won't Rule Out 2020 Presidential Run Against Donald Trump