Burgess went to the doc… and she didn’t invite the baby daddy!
In TVLine’s exclusive video from next Wednesday’s Chicago P.D. (NBC, 10/9c), Ruzek discovers that his ex got an ultrasound of their little one without him. “Sorry, I wanted to go alone,” Burgess tries to explain when it appears that Ruzek is upset. But fret not, “Burzek” fans: The fella is OK with the solo doctor’s visit and just wants to see the photo, which Burgess happily shares.
More from TVLine
- Chicago P.D.: Brian Geraghty to Return as Sean Roman for Fire Crossover
- Chicago P.D. Recap: Did Halstead's Fate Reveal Upton's True Feelings?
- Alien Spaceship Crash Drama From Fringe EP Gets NBC Pilot Order
“Everybody always says that these things are just like fuzzy clouds and you can’t make anything out, but…” Ruzek trails off, starring at the image in wonderment. “That’s definitely our baby.”
Burgess reveals that she had a similar moment when she heard the heartbeat for the first time. “I’m really having a baby,” she marvels.
As for whether the upcoming bundle of joy will reignite the former couple’s romantic relationship, star Marina Squerciati thinks the exes “will be ready” to reunite eventually, she previously told TVLine. “We move in that direction… They definitely may come together.”
Elsewhere in the episode, the pair’s pregnancy secret “begins to have severe implications for their police work,” per the official synopsis. Plus, “a series of deadly acts of vandalism causes tensions to run high in the insular neighborhood of Canaryville,” while “Atwater tries to reach out to his brother, but only pushes him further away.”
Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on what you’d like to see next for “Burzek”!
Best of TVLine
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 4)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 3)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 2)