TVLine’s #2020FirstLook series continues with an exclusive sneak peek from the NBC drama’s Jan. 8 return, titled “Mercy,” in which the Intelligence unit gets word on Halstead’s condition. As the team anxiously sits in the Chicago Med waiting room, Jay’s brother, Dr. Will Halstead, somberly enters with an update.
More from TVLine
- The Blacklist Season 7 Adds Nip/Tuck's Joely Richardson as Reddington's Former Flame -- 2020 FIRST LOOK
- Ratings: Voice Finale Down 23% Year- Over-Year, Charlie Brown Bests NCIS
- The Voice Finale Recap: [Spoiler] Is Named the Winner of Season 17
“I just talked to Dr. Marcel. He said the bullet grazed an artery,” Will announces. “He’s still trying to repair it.” When Voight cuts to the chase and asks if Jay is going to be OK, Will’s expression turns even more worrisome. “He’s lost a lot of blood,” the doc finally answers after a beat.
Meanwhile, Angela, the woman who shot Jay after finding out he wrongfully put her husband behind bars, is plotting to turn the unit’s world upside down. “If Jay Halstead dies, you’re gonna wish you never lived,” Voight warns her, to which Angela replies, “You can’t silence me. People are gonna know what that cop did to my husband. This whole damn city is gonna know.”
Elsewhere in the episode, “the team tries to focus on work, turning their attention to an illegal arms dealer,” per the official synopsis. “Atwater discovers his brother, Jordan, is back in Chicago and could be tied to the case.” Plus, “Burgess finally makes her decision” (about what to do about her pregnancy, presumably).
Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts!
Launch Gallery: Exclusive 2020 First Looks
Best of TVLine
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 4)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 3)
- Great Scott! Counting Down The Office's Top 32 Most Memorable Michael Moments (Day 2)