Sunny will play Dr. Sabeena Virani. Supervising a clinical trial for a new medication, Dr. Virani approaches Dr. Halstead (Gehlfuss) to lead the project.
From Emmy-winning executive producer Dick Wolf, Chicago Med follows the emotional day-to-day chaos of the city’s newest state-of-the-art trauma center and the lives of the courageous doctors, nurses and staff who hold it all together. Gehlfuss, Torrey DeVitto, Oliver Platt, Brian Tee, S. Epatha Merkerson, Yaya DaCosta, Marlyne Barrett, Dominic Rains star.
Wolf, Diane Frolov, Andrew Schneider, Derek Haas, Michael Waxman, Arthur Forney, Matt Olmstead, Michael Brandt and Peter Jankowski are executive producers.
The series was slated to begin production on Season 6 on September 22 in Chicago amid strict COVID-19 protocols. It’s slated to premiere Wednesday, November 11.
Sunny portrays Regan Fried in the CW sci-fi series Pandora, which has been renewed for a second season. Her film credits include Ben Affleck’s Argo and Alfonso Cuarón’s Children of Men, opposite Clive Owen and Julianne Moore. Sunny is repped by TalentWorks and Mainstay Entertainment.
More from Deadline
- Demi Moore To Star In Amazon Series 'Dirty Diana' Based On Erotic Drama Podcast From Shana Feste
- 'This Is Us' Season 5 Premiere Date Moved Up By Two Weeks By NBC
- Seth Meyers Goes Primetime With 'A Closer Look' Election Special On NBC
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: American COVID-19 Deaths Cross 200,000; Fauci "Concerned" That The Worst May Be Yet To Come
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto