The post Chelsea Wolfe shares video for new song “Deranged for Rock & Roll”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Chelsea Wolfe has unveiled a video for the new song “Deranged for Rock & Roll”. The track is the latest piece of music from the singer-songwriter’s upcoming album, Birth of Violence.
Regarding the new track, Wolfe told Fader, “‘Deranged for Rock & Roll’ is my love song to music. Every time I ever tried to walk a different path, music always called me back home to it. It’s in my blood; it’s my one source of true peace.”
While Wolfe’s music has incorporated elements of folk, goth, and metal over the years, Birth of Violence leans more on the folk side of her musical spectrum. In Heavy Consequence‘s own recent interview with Wolfe for our “Beyond the Boys’ Club” column, she told us, “I’m definitely inspired and influenced by metal, and I think I inject a lot of that into my music.”
She continued, “On this record, it was intentionally more held back and acoustic and focused on my folk side, but throughout my entire life and career as a musician, it’s been about balancing heavy and light, soft and strong.”
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Nicki Minaj announces her retirement from music [Updated]
- Tool's Maynard James Keenan: Justin Bieber is "probably a good kid" but he's surrounded by "crap"
- Tool have No. 1 album in America after dethroning Taylor Swift
- Azealia Banks calls Lizzo "millennial mammy" in unprompted Instagram tirade