The post Charli XCX and Troye Sivan ride jet skis together in “2099” video: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
“2099” is the latest song to continue Charli XCX’s fascination with futuristic pop. In the single, she goes hard on over-pronounced lyrics that verge on hip-hop delivery — a natural contrast to the wind-up chimes and electronic glitches the song builds off of. Throughout, Sivan harmonizes with her and contributes a proper solo verse.
The single may envision what the future of pop will sound like, but the song’s music video doesn’t. In the clip, directed by Bradley & Pablo, both Charli XCX and Sivan zoom around a scenic body of water on jet skis, occasionally launching into the air to do a flip. It’s an unexpected visual to the music that creates a chiller vibe. Watch it below.
There’s too many singles from Charli that preceded this one to name, including tracks with Clairo and Yaeji, HAIM, and Sky Ferreira. It’s her first studio album since 2014’s Sucker and follows various EPs and mixtapes, including 2017’s Pop 2.
Last night, Charli XCX brought Christine and the Queens to Fallon to perform their collaborative single “Gone”. If it’s a hint of what’s to come on her upcoming massive tour, then fans are in for a treat. Thankfully tickets for that tour are still available.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- Nick Carter gets restraining order against brother Aaron Carter
- Tekashi 6ix9ine spills everything about his former gang, names Cardi B in testimony [Updated]
- xXx: Return of Xander Cage
- Mike Patton on Joining Faith No More, Finding Inspiration from Tom Waits, and Being Yourself