The post Charli XCX and Christine and the Queens perform “Gone” on Fallon: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Charli XCX brought her dazzling, star-studded new album to The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon just mere days after its release. On Monday evening, the pop futurist performed the Charli single “Gone” with assistance from collaborator Christine and the Queens.
The “Gone” music video was all heat and sensual looks, and last night’s live rendition followed suit. Charli and Christine and the Queens initially performed from opposite sides of the stage, which was filled with rope-bound furniture. But as they drew closer, the intensity, too, picked up, and in such a way that affirms why a.) Charli is one of the most exciting artists in pop music today and b.) Christine and the Queens was one of the top live acts of 2018.
Charli also sat down with Fallon for a quick chat about her single “1999”, a highlight from last year, and the new LP as a whole. “On this one I kind of delved more in to my mental health and my insecurities and my feelings on anxiety and stuff,” she explained. “It just kind of happened in a natural way. I’m really proud of the album.”
Charli, her first album in five years, also features Lizzo, HAIM, Troye Sivan, Big Freedia, Sky Ferreira, Clairo, and Kim Petras. It’s available to stream in full now.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- Navy acknowledges existence of UFOs for first time, and we have Tom DeLonge to thank
- Nick Carter gets restraining order against brother Aaron Carter
- Tekashi 6ix9ine spills everything about his former gang, names Cardi B in testimony [Updated]
- Mike Patton on Joining Faith No More, Finding Inspiration from Tom Waits, and Being Yourself