The post Chance the Rapper and Smino perform “Eternal” on Ellen: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Chance the Rapper brought his big debut album, The Big Day, to Ellen on Wednesday, and he did so with assistance from fellow Midwest MC, Smino. Together, the pair performed one of the record’s standout tracks, “Eternal”.
Both Chance and Smino sported crisp white tuxedos for the appearance and sang in front of a huge sign that spelled out “ETERNAL”. As the song’s about the beauty of family, relationships, and spirituality, the performance was jubilant and celebratory in nature, with Chance often grinning ear to ear.
(Read: The Top 20 Hip-Hop Solo Albums)
Elsewhere during the episode, Chance sat down with host Ellen DeGeneres to discuss his newborn daughter, Marli. He also recounted how he first fell in love with his wife, Kirsten, when he was just nine years old.
Chance’s TV appearance comes just days after announcing the postponement of his Big Day tour. The Chicago rapper said he’s delaying his concerts until 2020 in order to spend more time with his family. It’s still a ways off, but you can purchase your tickets here.
Replay the Ellen videos below.
- R.I.P. Daniel Johnston, lo-fi songwriting legend dead at 58
- R.I.P. Eddie Money, veteran rock singer dead at 70
- Morrissey's US tour suffers from low ticket sales
- Tool have No. 1 album in America after dethroning Taylor Swift
- New teaser for El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie chronicles Jesse's misadventures
- 10 Nü-Metal Songs That Don't Totally Suck