Celine Dion is one proud mom. The singer took to Instagram to share a touching tribute for her oldest son René-Charles Angélil in honor of his 19th birthday. In the post, which features a throwback photo as well as a more recent picture of the teen posing with the songstress, the mother-of-three praised her son for being a “true gentlemen” and acknowledged his late father, René Angélil.
“My dear René-Charles,” she wrote. “I’m so proud of the way you’re conducting yourself in life. You’re a true gentleman, and I want you to know that your father’s guidance continues to support and protect you… as I do. Keep being the best of yourself… strong, passionate, and wise, as you pursue all of your dreams in life – the sky’s the limit! And above all, have a good time!…. Your happiness, is my happiness. I love you so much, my dear son! Mom xx…”
More from SheKnows
- Céline Dion Reveals Whether She's Dating and if She'd Ever Get Remarried
- Céline Dion Goes Makeup-Free in New Music Video to Make a Strong Statement About Self-Love
- Mic Drop: Céline Dion's Rendition of 'Baby Shark' Deserves All the Grammys
Just one week prior to the singer’s birthday tribute, she shared a post in honor of her late husband on the three-year anniversary of his death. “There is not a day that goes by without me thinking about your beautiful smile. We miss you, thank you for watching over us my love. I love you,” she wrote.
Dion’s late husband sadly lost his battle with cancer at the age of 74 in 2016, 22 years after the couple – who also welcomed twins Eddy and Nelson in 2010 — tied the knot.
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018