The series has attracted more than 18.9 million total viewers since its premiere just three weeks ago, and is the No. 2 new unscripted original series in all of cable among P25-54 and W25-54 so far this year, according to Nielsen.
More from Deadline
- HGTV's 'House Hunters: LOL' Has Comedians Targeting Those Couples We Love To Hate
- HGTV's 'Windy City Rehab' Contracting Team Facing Lawsuit Over Alleged Faulty Work
- 'Celebrity IOU' Premiere Featuring Brad Pitt Draws Record Ratings For HGTV
In season 2, additional Hollywood A-listers will express gratitude to individuals who had a major impact on their lives—surprising them with big, heartwarming home renovations. The series features HGTV’s popular real estate and renovation experts Drew and Jonathan Scott, who also serve as executive producers and work closely with each celebrity to deliver a renovation that is customized to meet the needs of a special person. So far this season, the series has spotlighted renovations from Brad Pitt, Melissa McCarthy and Viola Davis, with upcoming episodes this season to feature Michael Bublé and Rebel Wilson.
“Since its premiere on April 13, Celebrity IOU has delivered a strong, consistent weekly performance among all demos,” said Jane Latman, president, HGTV. “This series continues to break records and it delights viewers with feel-good stories about fan-favorite celebs and the people who love and support them off-camera. We have to make more.”
Celebrity IOU is produced by Scott Brothers Entertainment. The series airs Monday nights at 9 PM on HGTV.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Passes 67,000 As More Of Country Relaxes Restrictions - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto