Dawes celebrates their 10th anniversary as a band in 2019. In celebration, today’s episode of Kyle Meredith revisits 10 years of interviews with the band, touching upon nearly every one of their albums and eras. First up is a new sit-down with with Taylor Goldsmith, who discusses this year’s tour and what their plans are for the next album (“a more live sounding record”). From there, it’s conversations from 2017 (We’re All Gonna Die), 2015 (All Your Favorite Bands), 2013 (Stories Don’t End), 2012 (Nothing Is Wrong), and even a 2011 chat about Goldsmith’s side project Middle Brother.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation