Bow down Beyhive! Today, Beyoncé turns 37-years-old and if you are in the mood to celebrate her big day like we are, ET’s lifestyle expert, Hallie Stephens, is here to teach you how to make two cocktails that will leave you feeling so crazy in love.
Named after the singer’s loyal fan base, this cocktail is all about fresh-squeezed lemonade, a nod to the GRAMMY winner’s epic visual album. Since Beyoncé is lovingly referred to as, “Queen B” by her followers, we’ve swapped sugar with honey to give the beverage a hint of sweetness.
½ cup honey
11 cups water
Mint and lemon slices for garnish
How to Make It:
1. Squeeze 1 cup of juice from the lemons and add it to a pitcher.
2. Add ½ cup of honey to the pitcher and mix well.
3. Add 11 cups of water and mix well (Pro Tip: Play Beyoncé’s biggest hits, with the stereo turned all the way up and stir on the beat).
4. Fill each glass with crushed ice.
5. Add 1-2 ounces of whiskey to each glass.
6. Top off each glass with lemonade.
7. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and a slice of lemon.
8. Toast to Sasha Fierce!
“DRUNK IN LOVE”
Named after Beyoncé’s hit song with rapper hubby, Jay Z, this drink is flawless! With a watermelon base, inspired by her lyric, “I’ve been drinking watermelon,” this cocktail is a show-stopper that slays all day!
9 cups chilled watermelon
1 cup coconut water
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 cup vodka
Mint, lime slices and watermelon for garnish
How to Make It:
1. Place watermelon, coconut water and fresh lime juice in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour mixture into a larger pitcher.
4. Add vodka and stir.
5. Fill each glass with crushed ice.
6. Pour watermelon mixture over ice.
7. Garnish with mint, lime slices and watermelon.