The post Cautious Clay on His Nickname and Bringing the Flute Back appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Kyle Meredith catches up with three artists backstage at Forecastle 2019. We first hear from Cautious Clay, who tells the story of finding his stage name from Louisville native Muhammad Ali as well as the comeback of the flute. Then Sunflower Bean sits down to discuss rock’s stronghold in Europe, their great fashion attire, and activism. Finally, Israel Nash rounds up the trio with talk on his latest album, Lifted, its connections with the ’60s and today, in addition to hosting a festival in his backyard.
Kyle Meredith With… is an interview series in which WFPK’s Kyle Meredith speaks to a wide breadth of musicians. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Meredith digs deep into the artist’s work to find out how the music is made and where their journey is going, from legendary artists like Robert Plant, Paul McCartney, U2 and Bryan Ferry, to the newer class of The National, St. Vincent, Arctic Monkeys, Haim, and Father John Misty.
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- "Teenage Dream" video star accuses Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Mr. Bungle reunite for first concerts in 20 years
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation
- Foster the People promote bizarre Jeffrey Epstein conspiracy theory