The 60-year-old Tarantina, who played comedy club emcee Jackie in the Amazon series, died from acute intoxication due to the combined effects of fentanyl, heroin, cocaine and Diazepam (Valium), according to TMZ. The website sourced the cause of the accidental death to a New York City medical examiner report.
More from Deadline
- 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Renewed For Season 4 By Amazon
- SAG Awards Nominations: 'Bombshell', 'The Irishman', 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood' Top Film List, 'Maisel,' 'Fleabag' Score In TV - Complete List Of Noms
- ASC Awards Nominees: 'Honeyland', 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' Make The Cut In Docu And TV Categories
Tarantina, who had also appeared in Gilmore Girls, The Sopranos, The Good Wife, Donnie Brasco and The Kitchen, was found unresponsive in his Manhattan apartment on Nov. 2. A spokesman for the actor said at the time that Tarantina had been ill with a heart-related issue.
Shortly after his death, Mrs. Maisel star Rachel Brosnahan posted an Instagram tribute calling Tarantina “hilarious and talented and kind and an all around golden f*cking weirdo. Our family of weirds won’t be the same without him.”
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers