Misery loves company. Hulu has shared the first trailer for the highly anticipated second season of their Stephen King anthology series, Castle Rock. Notably, we get our first genuine look at Lizzy Caplan playing psychopath superfan Annie Wilkes.
But we also get some glimpses of Jerusalem’s Lot, Tim Robbins as Reginald “Pop” Merrill, Paul Sparks as his legendary bully son Ace, and some spooky things going down at the hospital where ol’ Annie works. All of it looks very Kingian.
What’s the story this time around? As Hulu reports, “In Season Two, a feud between warring clans comes to a boil when budding psychopath Annie Wilkes (Caplan), Stephen King’s nurse from hell, gets waylaid in Castle Rock.” Yowza.
Castle Rock returns on October 23rd. Subscribe to The Losers’ Club, which has covered the series from the very beginning. In 2018, they reviewed each episode, threw an accompanying film festival, and spoke to showrunners Dustin Thomason and Sam Shaw.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- R.I.P. Eddie Money, veteran rock singer dead at 70
- R.I.P. Daniel Johnston, lo-fi songwriting legend dead at 58
- Josh Homme to release new Desert Sessions in October
- 10 Nü-Metal Songs That Don't Totally Suck