"As a part of our commitment and responsibilities as an ally, we intend to highlight and amplify voices within our community," Finish Line wrote in the caption. "Each week our Senior Cultural Partnerships Strategist, @omarr introduces you to a new guest who will be diving into important topics affecting the community. For Volume 18, we’re joined by future @NBA Hall of Famers @carmeloanthony, @dwyanewade, & @cp3. They’ll be discussing the power of voting, how their @socialchangefnd is empowering people to vote, their partnership with @hbcuheroes and the work they’re doing to empower communities of color."
"It's more serious now than ever" Melo added during the 12-minute conversation posted to Instagram. The trio covered topics ranging from the impact of voting, how voting can enact change, and the importance of instilling more voting literacy in communities.
This is just the latest in athlete-lead initiatives to help push people to the polls. LeBron James also started the campaign More Than a Vote that promotes voting literacy in lower-income communities and has been helping convert sports arenas into makeshift polling centers this election season.
- LeBron James Joins Fight to Allow Ex-Felons to Vote in Florida
- Michelle Obama and LeBron James Are Teaming Up to Encourage Early Voting Across the U.S.
- Diddy Reveals Launch of Black Political Party Called Our Black Party
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.