TV fans aren’t the only ones who have burning questions. In our series Ask the Fans, Yahoo TV is flipping the script and finding out what questions showrunners have always wanted to pose to their viewers.
Next up, Carlton Cuse, executive producer of Bates Motel, as well as The Returned, The Strain, and Lost. Read his seven questions below, then send your replies to AsktheFans@yahoo.com by Friday, March 27. We’ll report the most popular and insightful answers back to Cuse, then post his response on Monday, April 6.
Carlton Cuse asks the fans:
1. Kerry Ehrin and I have said Bates Motel is going to end after five seasons and a total of 50 episodes. Does that make you more likely to watch — knowing there is a defined end point?
2. What are the things you like best about the show?
3. Which character do you feel you are not seeing enough?
4. What is the story you most hope will happen — or are the most excited about seeing long term in the series?
5. What is your favorite episode of the show so far?
6. In general, how many chances do you give a new show to hook you?
7. Which is a bigger cardinal sin in your mind: not resolving a mystery by the end of the season or killing a major character?
Bates Motel airs Mondays at 9 p.m., followed by The Returned at 10 p.m., on A&E. The Strain returns to FX this summer.