Cardi B and Bernie Sanders, together at last. The “Drip” queen recently met up with the Democratic presidential candidate at his favorite Detroit nail bar and, as Bernie got his toes painted pink, the two conversed about a variety of issues impacting young voters. Ok, so maybe Bernie kept his shoes on, but the pair did engage in an insightful conversation running the gamut of topics, including climate change, student debt, and the job market.
“We (are) working on a way to involve more young people in the political process,” the Vermont senator told CNN in an interview prior to the shoot. “The future of America depends on young people. They are voting in large numbers, but not large enough numbers.”
UPDATE: You can watch a full recording of their conversation below.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79
- Feds accuse R Kelly of spreading herpes