The Bronx rapper defended her estranged husband via Twitter on Thursday night, after a fan described the Migos member as a "bad man." Cardi was quick to address the message by pointing to the ways Offset had unselfishly helped her in her career.
"He a dumbass not a bad man," she wrote in a since-deleted tweet. "...cause out of everybody that tried to steal, finesse me into working with their brand for less he got people coming for me with CORRECT CONTRACTS and never ask for a dollar or benefit like every1 else. Nikkas is nikka but a bad personality he not."
The post came less than a month after Cardi confirmed she had filed for divorce from Offset. The two secretly got married in 2017 and welcomed their first and only child together in the following year. Cardi and Offset had previously separated because of the latter's alleged infidelity, but reconciled months later.
Earlier this week, Cardi shared an Instagram post in which she declared herself, "Single, bad and rich ..." Offset was among the nearly 7 million Instagram users who "liked" the post, suggesting there was no bad blood between the former couple.
- Cardi B Explains Why She Filed for Divorce From Offset
- Cardi B Responds to Claims That She's Divorcing Offset for 'Attention'
- Cardi B Has Filed for Divorce From Offset
- Cardi B Says Her 'DMs Are Flooded' Following Split from Offset, But She's Not Interested in Dating
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.