Will Toledo’s Car Seat Headrest project will be releasing a new album, Making a Door Less Open, on 1st via Matador Records. Made over the course of four years, the album is a collaboration between Toledo and 1 Trait Danger, an “electronic side project” consisting of drummer Andrew Katz and Toledo’s “alternate persona,” Trait.
On Monday, Toledo released a new single from the album, titled “Martin.” He appears in the lyric video as his alter-ego Trait, washing the dishes — an appropriate activity during these pandemic times.
More from Rolling Stone
- Watch Miranda Lambert Perform Inside Giant Birdcage in 'Bluebird' Video
- Ellie Goulding Hunts Down Blackbear's Clones in 'Worry About Me' Video
- Watch Sam Smith Perform Stripped-Down 'To Die for' in Golden Studio
Making a Door Less Open will include the previously released single, “Can’t Cool Me Down.” Car Seat Headrest’s last album was 2016’s Teens of Denial.
Best of Rolling Stone
- The 50 Greatest Rock Memoirs of All Time
- 20 Best Dramatic Duets of All Time
- Rob Sheffield's St. Patrick's Day Playlist
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.