Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Need some inspiration for hosting your Halloween party this year? Look no further than these killer candy corn jello shots.
- 2 cups water
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 packet orange gelatin
- 6 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup rum
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1/3 cup vanilla-flavored vodka
- Mix one cup of water with two packets of unflavored gelatin in a small saucepan. Warm the water and gelatin over low-heat, stirring occasionally, until the gelatin has fully dissolved or about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and add condensed milk to the mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Add rum and stir again.
- Split your mixture in half (one will serve as the bottom layer of your shot, the other half will serve as the top layer).
- Add yellow food coloring to one half and set aside.
- Pour the other half (the white half) into 20 shot glasses, about 1/3 of the way full. (We recommend using tall double shot glasses, like these ones!)
- Refrigerate shots until firm, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- While it sets, make the middle layer of the shot. Repeat step one, then remove the pan from heat and stir in orange Jell-O until it dissolves. Stir in 1/3 cup vanilla vodka.
- Once first layer is set, pour orange layer on top of white layer and refrigerate until chilled, another 30-40 minutes.
- Once the orange layer is solid, top with the remaining yellow half of your mixture that you set aside in step 4. (If the mixture has already started to set, warm it up in the microwave and stir until lumps have dissolved.)
- Pour yellow layer evenly on top of the orange layer and return to the fridge to set.