At this point in May, our list of remaining bubble shows is typically hovering at or around zero. But the global coronavirus pandemic has thrown the fall scheduling process into upheaval, leading many of the major broadcast networks to delay renewal/cancellation decisions on their remaining in-limbo series until later this month (or beyond).
According to our latest tabulations, the casts and crews of 25 (!!) scripted series (broadcast only) are still awaiting word on the fate of their day jobs. The verdict is already in on most CBS and CW shows, so many of the two dozen-plus question marks are concentrated at ABC, Fox and NBC.
More from TVLine
- Good Girls Renewed for Season 4
- Ratings: HTGAWM Ends With 16-Month High, Biggest Audience Since Fall 2018
- Katy Keene Star, EP Break Down Finale's Biggest Twists, Including the Arrival of Riverdale's [Spoiler]
Among the comedies and dramas still hovering between life and death are four of the Top 5 vote-getters in TVLine’s recent poll of yet-to-be-renewed shows you hope to see picked up for another season: ABC’s The Rookie, Fox’s The Resident, NBC’s Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist and Fox’s Prodigal Son. Your No. 1 pick, CBS’ S.W.A.T., was renewed earlier this month.
To view the complete list of scripted broadcast series still on the bubble, make your way to the above gallery above — or click here for direct access — and riddle us this in the comments section below: Which of these undecided shows are you pulling for the most?
Launch Gallery: Which Shows Are Still on the Bubble?
Best of TVLine
- Watch Impeachment Trial Live Stream
- Cancelled TV Shows: What Would Have Happened Next on Forever, Salvation, H50, The Exorcist, Dallas and 31 Others
- Cancelled TV Shows: What Would Have Happened Next