The service reports 3 million to 4 million fans tuned in live on Friday to see the new music video, the group’s first single in English, Dynamite. It is the most in the first 24 hours, topping fellow Korean pop group Blackpink, who had 1.65 million viewers on their June song debut, How You Like That.
More from Deadline
- YouTube Lines Up Originals On GRM Daily, Ethan Payne & Anne-Marie
- Common Sets Health & Wellness Series 'Com&Well' On YouTube
- MTV VMAs: Miley Cyrus Joins Performer Lineup For 2020 Ceremony - Update
Blackpink’s song also held the record for most views on the first day with 86.3 million views. It has now been surpassed by the new BTS song, which has more than 90 million views and counting.
This is the third time this year BTS has had a Top 10 in first-day music video views.
— Variety (@Variety) August 22, 2020
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto