The post Bruno Mars to star in new music-themed film for Disney appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
As reported by Deadline, the studio will develop a music-driven theatrical feature, starring and produced by Mars. After months of back-and-forth with Walt Disney Studios production president Sean Bailey, the next step for Mars’ upcoming project will be finding a writer to turn the idea into a full feature. While details on the plot aren’t entirely clear, it appears the film will include mostly original music written and performed by the pop star.
The role will mark the Grammy winner’s first big movie lead, but he’s been dipping his toe into the acting world for years. Mars had a brief bit way back in 1992 in Honeymoon in Vegas, along with more recent voice work in Rio 2, and of course his skits while hosting Saturday Night Live.
- Michelle Obama shares 2020 workout playlist
- Disney announces CGI Bambi remake they will insist is live-action
As we wait for further details on the project, it appears Disney is stacking up an arsenal of upcoming musical features, as it was just recently shared the studio will be releasing a movie version of the wildly popular musical Hamilton in October 2021. Meanwhile, Bruno Mars is still out performing live, with his Vegas residency coming up next month. Grab your seats here.
- Rage Against the Machine announce 40-date reunion tour
- Snoop Dogg goes after Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King over treatment of accused black male celebrities [Updated]
- Adam Sandler chides Oscar nominees as "feather-haired douchebag motherfuckers" during Spirit Awards speech
- Ned Flanders-inspired metal band Okilly Dokilly announce tour, unleash "Slaughterhouse" single: Stream
- Worldwide vinyl record supply threatened by "devastating" fire at lacquer manufacturer