A mystery caper in line with Harriet the Spy, the 10-episode show stars Prince as Hilde Lysiak, a nine-year-old aspiring journalist who discovers a cold case with connections to her father (Jim Sturgess).
More from Rolling Stone
- Scarlett Johansson Shuts Down Sinister Government Plot in 'Black Widow' Trailer
- SXSW Canceled Over Coronavirus Concerns
- The Best Wireless Chargers at Every Price Point
As you might expect, Hilde receives some blowback from the small-town police chief and other forces in charge of the case, but she makes some necessary allies to help solve it.
“Why are you helping me?” Hilde asks a female police officer who shares some case files with her.
“I don’t like me when they pat me on the head, either,” the officer says, before the two of them fist-bump.
Home Before Dark is executive-produced by Crazy Rich Asians director Jon M. Chu and helmed by New Girl and Daredevil alums Dana Fox and Dara Resnik. The rest of the cast includes Abby Miller, Louis Herthum, Michael Weston, and Kylie Rogers. The show premieres on April 3rd, only on Apple TV+.
Best of Rolling Stone
- 40 Greatest Sketch-Comedy TV Shows of All Time
- Golden Globes 2020: 20 Best, Worst and Most WTF Moments
- Springfield of Dreams: 150 Best 'Simpsons' Episodes
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.