The post Brittany Howard debuts new song “He Loves Me”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Alabama Shakes frontwoman Brittany Howard has unveiled a new track from her upcoming solo album, Jaime. We previously heard lead single “History Repeats” and watched the feel-good video for “Stay High” starring Terry Crews. Now, give a listen to “He Loves Me”.
The track offers up “a frank reflection on the unconditional nature of God’s love,” according to a press release, and culminates in a sermon by Reverend Terry K. Anderson, a Houston-based pastor she discovered on YouTube.
In a statement, Howard explained, “When my older sister passed away, it took its toll on our family. We grew apart from one another and therefore, we grew apart from our family church. I thought God had intended to hurt us or punish us, but I later realized that I found God in music and I found God in my voice. I learned that He always had a plan for myself and my family. That is what ‘He Loves Me’ is about. It is my greatest realization that He has never left me. All those years that I had turned away, I was still receiving His absolute love and forgiveness.”
The accompanying live performance video was directed by Danny Clinch and shot at Sound Emporium in Nashville. Watch it below.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- Mr. Bungle reunite for first concerts in 20 years [Updated]
- Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79