She's not a villain; she's just a good gossip. Courtney Robertson, 30, was by far one of the most vilified contestants in The Bachelor history and didn’t exactly get her fairytale ending despite winning the heart of winemaker Ben Flajnik on Season 16 of the hit show.
Taking home the final rose in 2012 was easy, but Robertson got pummeled in the media with magazines labeling her a "maneater," "sleazy," and a "seductress." The Bachelor cameras seemingly only caught her nasty moments and failed to show off her softer side. After the show aired, her romance with Flajnik hit the bottom of the wine barrel and the two were involved in a war of words in the tabloids.
Cheating scandals and rumors plagued their on again, off again romance, ultimately leading to their breakup nine months after becoming engaged.
Now Robertson is sharing her side of the not quite happily ever after story in her new tell-all book, I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends: Confessions of a Reality Show Villain. In the page-turner, the swimsuit model slings salacious gossip about Bachelor hookups, her celebrity trysts, and of course her relationship with Ben (including that infamous skinny dip!).
One person who won't be picking up a copy of the book is Flajnik.
"It's sad. A new low, even for Courtney," Flajnik told People. "I don't see why she would choose to have people look at her the way she has portrayed herself. I am in a really great place in life and don't have any interest in reliving the nightmare."
In what seems like an effort to further distance himself from Robertson, Flajnik posted a photo with his new girlfriend on Instagram on Tuesday and revealed that they are moving in together in San Francisco on July 1. Robertson claims in the epilogue that she and Flajnik "cleared the air" via email in July 2013, but it doesn't look like the two have quite buried the hatchet.
Lucky for Bachelor Nation fans, Robertson's book is about way more than her failed relationships, and rose devotees can salivate over plenty of other juicy tidbits.
Here are the top 9 dishiest things Robertson revealed:
1. The ring return post-Ben breakup was staged and meant to annoy him: "I retaliated by setting up a paparazzi photo shoot 'catching' me returning the $80,000 engagement ring to Neil Lane." Yikes!
2. Dirty dealings in Bachelor land: Jef Holm, who was engaged to Bachelorette Emily Maynard, hooked up with three different women during J.P Rosenbaum and Ashley Hebert's wedding weekend, according to Courtney. "I know from very reliable sources that he hooked up with three women — a one-night backslide with former fiancée Emily Maynard, Over-Analyst blogger Jenna Burke from my season, and his new hookup, a 23-year-old named Katianna."
3. More Bachelor hookups: "Jenna Burke not only hooked up with Jef Holm, she also hooked up with Sean Lowe after a charity event sponsored by her iced coffee company RealBenz in September 2012." Don't worry; this pre-dated his marriage to Catherine Giudici.
4. Jessica Simpson was an emotional divorcée: "I did a runway show with Cindy Crawford and an ad for Jessica Simpson's hair extensions right after she and her first husband, Nick Lachey, split. Jessica was very sweet but very sad. She spent most of the day holed up in her candle-lit dressing room, drinking carrot juice, and blasting Sinead O'Connor’s 'Nothing Compares 2 You.'"
5. Her little black book included some Hollywood heavyweights: She went out on a sushi date with Jim Toth, aka the future Mrs. Reese Witherspoon. She also was asked out post-Bachelor by comedian David Spade.
6. On meeting Adrian Grenier at an Oscar party: "It was chilly so I was shivering in my little black dress and hugging my arms close to my body. Suddenly, a tuxedo jacket was draped over my shoulders. 'Looks like you need this.' I turned around and stared directly into the gorgeous green eyes of Adrian Grenier. Entourage hadn't aired yet but I recognized him from the teen movie Drive Me Crazy with Melissa Joan Hart." (In other words, this encounter took place sometime before July 2004.) "After thanking him, we got into a good conversation about our mutual loneliness in L.A. He'd moved here from Queens and was struggling because he felt like he had no real friends. Adrian was really genuine and warm and in old-school gentlemanly fashion asked, 'Can I take you to dinner?'"
7. Little Miss Popular: Desperate Housewives star Jesse Metcalfe asked for her phone number at the same Oscar party in the Hollywood Hills. Courtney dated both Metcalfe and Grenier on and off, but was more interested in Metcalfe.
8. Her sexual encounters with Adrian Grenier sound like a soap opera. "As expected, because I wasn't interested, Adrian pursued me on and off for the next 6 years. I blew him off a lot, and he sexted me a lot. We did hook up twice but we never had actual sex. I wouldn't let him, which drove him even crazier." (She goes on to say a few other things that'll make you blush.)
9. But romancing Jesse Metcalfe was even more of a soap story. "He's not the easiest guy to talk to. He's actually quite aggressive and challenging. I felt like he had a giant chip on his shoulder the whole night. … Jesse needed a lot of reassurance. Jesse was also, by his own admission, an alcoholic and an addict."