The post Boris set release date for new album LφVE & EVφL, share “Love”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Back in May, experimental metal outfit Boris revealed that a new album would be out before the end of the year. The Japanese group has now confirmed LφVE & EVφL will arrive October 4th through Jack White’s own Third Man Records. Boris is also previewing the record with lead single “Love”.
LφVE & EVφL follows Dear from 2017 and serves as the trio’s first since marking its 25th anniversary. Although the effort features just seven songs, it’s technically regarded as two independent works, “encapsulating conflicting connotations that interweave and become intricately entangled with one another, gradually eroding before becoming utterly singular,” per an official statement.
As for seven-minute single “Love”, it finds Boris employing some of the most musically diverse arrangements since their formation in 1992. Check it out below via its accompanying video.
In addition to LφVE & EVφL, Boris will team with Third Man for a pair of reissues: 2003’s Akuma No Uta and Feedbacker. Both projects will also hit shelves October 4th.
- Second person comes forward accusing Katy Perry of sexual harassment
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- Bauhaus frontman Peter Murphy suffers heart attack
- R.I.P. Peter Fonda, Easy Rider star and counter-culture icon dead at 79
- Slayer apparently too "terrifying" for NASCAR as band's sponsorship is pulled due to "reactionary concerns"
- Feds accuse R Kelly of spreading herpes