BoJack Horseman should come with a warning: Don’t drink and watch — you’ll just spit it out laughing! The Netflix comedy tosses out a million jokes per episode — from the darkly sarcastic kind to burns on celebrity culture to just plain, old goofing-off. But that’s just the start. Then there are the jokes we didn’t even notice the first time around!
Yeah, if you look closely, the background of BoJack Horseman is crammed with visual witticisms, meta references, and sly puns. The comedy’s creators took that to a whole new level in Season 2; there are too many to count, really! So, we picked out 10 of our favorite jokes that we missed in our first binge-watch and caught in our second. They include the BoJack version of the iconic Shepard Fairey poster to a pool shark (literally, a shark playing pool).
Check ‘em out — and send us your favorite BoJack background jokes!
1. A coyote chasing a road runner — a shout-out to the Looney Tunes characters
2. The L.A. Lakers signed Shaquille O’Seal back in the ‘90s
3. In Nixon’s replica office, there is a bottle of 1960 debate sweat
4. Street artist Shephard Fairey’s iconic “Obey” poster gets a sheep makeover (Shepard/Shepherd, get it?)
5. BoJack drinks at a bar where there is a pool shark (a shark that is playing pool)
6. The bear on California’s state flag is wearing clothes
7. A disgruntled MSNBSea employee uses the ticker to vent his frustrations
8. Posters for musicians FKA Pigs (FKA Twigs), Llama del Rey (Lana del Rey), and Bunny Ver (Bon Iver)
9. Princess Carolyn’s license plate reads “You Only Live Nine Lives” (and her car has a cat hood ornament)
10. A dog and a chicken, playing each other
GIFs created by Imma Zimma