Created by Anthony Horowitz (Midsomer Murders, Foyle’s War), the working-titled Nine Bodies in a Mexican Morgue follows the tale of nine strangers who find themselves lost in a remote Mexican jungle after their small plane crashes. The plot thickens as members are murdered one by one and the remaining survivors must solve the mystery. Cast details weren’t revealed.
More from Deadline
- 'Princess Bride' At-Home Remake With Joe Jonas, Sophie Turner, Common, Tiffany Haddish & More Set At Quibi
- 'Love Lindsey, Forever': Gia Coppola's Dark Romance Series In Works At Quibi
- 'Punk'd' & 'Singled Out' Renewed For Second Seasons By Quibi
Horowitz serves as showrunner and EP. Blumhouse Television’s Jason Blum, Jeremy Gold and Marci Wiseman also are EP’ing this project.
This is Quibi’s third series being produced by Blumhouse Television. The independent TV studio is also developing Wolves and Villagers and Ten Weeks, the latter series premiering this year.
Horowitz, who also penned the popular Alex Rider teen spy book series as well as creating and writing multiple British TV shows, is repped by United Agents and Nelson Davis.
Founded by Jeffrey Katzenberg and ran by CEO Meg Whitman, Quibi launched April 6 as shortform digital platform targeting millennials. Short for “quick bites” the videos are made less than 10 minutes in length with series running up to four hours in length. To date the app has been downloaded over 4 million times.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: New U.S. Cases Near All-Time High; California, Florida and Texas See Record Spikes- Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto