Super Bowl commercials are almost as anticipated as the game itself, and this year, for the first time, they were all available to watch again and share on social media thanks to Shazam.
[Related: Super Bowl XLVIII Ratings: How Many People Watched the Big Game?]
And while the Seattle Seahawks are the 2014 Super Bowl champions, when it comes to the ads, Chevrolet and Jaguar were the big winners.
The media discovery firm says there were more than 700,000 Shazams during last night's broadcast of the big game — more than twice as many as last year. And this year, Shazam introduced a timeline feature that allowed users to keep up with the Super Bowl as it happened.
The top five commercials, according to Shazam were:
1. Chevrolet's "Life" - "Don't Leave" by Ane Brun
2. Jaguar's "Rendezvous"
3. Bud Light's "Cool Twist" - "Ten Feet Tall" by Afrojack
4. Bank of America's ad featuring U2- "Invisible" by U2
5. Budweiser's "A Hero's Welcome" - "Coming Home Pt. II" by Skylar Grey
The highly emotional Chevrolet ad was a tribute to cancer survivors and featured a song by Norwegian singer-songwriter Ane Brun from her 2008 album "Changing of the Seasons." Brun has toured extensively in Europe, though she hasn’t broken through to American listeners. That seems likely to change thanks to her haunting song's presence in the ad.
Check out this time-lapsed video showing Shazam usage during the Super Bowl:
Shazam also offered special features from marketing partners, teaming up with Bud Light to give away 500,000 downloads of AfroJack's new single "Ten Feet Tall" and with Jaguar for a "British Villains" game.
The most Shazamed moments from the entire Super Bowl broadcast were:
1. Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers singing "Give It Away"
2. Bruno Mars singing "Just the Way You Are"
3. Chevrolet's "Life" commercial
4. Jaguar's "Rendezvous" commercial featuring Ben Kingsley, Mark Strong, and Tom Hiddleston
5. Bruno Mars singing "Runaway Baby"