"Hannibal" is one of the most gorgeous, most daring, and most gruesome shows on TV, but if you're going to catch up before Season 2 (premieres Feb. 28 at 10 p.m. on NBC) – and we highly recommend that you do – you're going to need to prepare yourself.
Weak stomach? Morbid curiousity? Need for immediate grotesque gratification? We've got you covered with GIFs of the most vomit-inducing (in a good way) moments from every episode of Season 1. Re-live the shocking scenes if you're already a Fannibal, or prepare yourself by seeing them for the first time. We just suggest that you avoid eating while you watch.
1. I mean, being a story about a cannibal and with opening credits this spooky, we wouldn't expect anything less...
2. Our first glimpe at Hannibal Lecter's butchering skills... and yes, those are human lungs. (Season 1, Episode 1, "Aperitif")
3. These bodies were basically being used as fertilizer. Mushrooms, anyone? (Season 1, Episode 2, "Amuse-Bouche")
4. A recurring theme of Season 1, these particular antlers served a very bloody purpose. (Season 1, Episode 3, "Potage")
5. When nice family dinners go horribly wrong. (Season 1, Episode 4, "Ceuf")
6. The first glimpse at human angels – flayed and splayed and hung up to pray – reminds us that death on a creatively daring show is never just death. It's art. (Season 1, Episode 5, "Coquilles")
7. The teepee of sharp objects used to impale and present this body wasn't enough – we were also treated to a close-up of her hollowed-out eyes. (Season 1, Episode 6, "Entrée")
8. A new way to be sick to your stomach: Seeing someone without theirs intact. (Season 1, Episode 7, "Sorbet")
9. Sometimes death is art, sometimes poetry, but this time it's strictly musical. Just try looking at this for a minute without fighting the urge to clear your throat. (Season 1, Episode 8, "Fromage")
10. A human totem pole on the beach, built using dead bodies at various levels of decay. (Season 1, Episode 9, "Trou Normand")
11. The detail of this one is trickier to see in the dark, creepy light, but the squishy, slurpy sound when Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) peeled the skin right off of someone's arm isn't easy to forget. (Season 1, Episode 10, "Buffet Froid")
12. If human organs grew on trees... (Season 1, Episode 11, "Rôti")
13. No spoilers about who this is, but let's just say that watching anyone burn alive will stay with you. (Season 1, Episode 12, "Relevés")
14. Ever seen someone vomit up a human ear? Well, now you have. (Season 1, Episode 13, "Savoureux")
"Hannibal" Season 2 premieres Feb. 28 at 10 p.m. on NBC.