See Jean Claude Van Damme in the "Welcome to the Jungle" trailer:
"Welcome to the Jungle" is like "Lord of the Flies" meets "Office Space" meets peyote.
The wild new comedy, which opens in limited release and VOD this weekend, follows a team of corporate lackeys — including Adam Brody, Rob Huebel, Megan Boone, and Kristen Schaal — into the jungles of a deserted island to go through some highly unconventional team-bonding. Leading the "training" is none other than Jean Claude Van Damme.
While the phrase "like you've never seen him before" is often misapplied, in this case, we can't remember ever seeing JCVD this funny (well, maybe "Double Team" with Dennis Rodman.)
As you'll see in the film, and in our Popsessions interview below (conducted via email), JCVD has comic chops to rival his karate chops.
[Related: See All Our Popsession Interviews]
1. What was the first movie you saw?
I don’t really remember, but it was probably a Disney film.
2. What movie makes you cry?
You mean from the ones I was in or ones I watched?
3. Who is your TV crush?
That is a secret, otherwise it wouldn’t be much of a crush.
4. What movie or TV character would you hate to be trapped in an elevator with?
Carlton the Door Man [From the sitcom "Rhoda"].
5. If you were kidnapped, what movie or TV character would you call to save you?
I don’t know, Liam Neeson seems to have a lot of experience lately.
6. What’s your TV guilty pleasure?
Turning it off.
7. What was your first concert?
I haven’t put on any concerts, but if you are offering, well…
8. What is your karaoke song?
I am really not a Karaoke guy.
9. The Beatles or Rolling Stones?
10. What song would you want to play for your wedding first dance?
"Save the Last Dance for Me."
11. What song should they play at your funeral?
"We’ve Only Just Begun."
12. Have you ever done a choreographed dance from a music video?
Why do you ask that? Who is watching me?
13. What book changed your life?
There was not a life changer, but I really liked “The Kid Stays in the Picture”
14. What website do you visit when no one is watching?
15. Did you have a poster of a celeb on your wall as a kid/teen? Who?
Actually no, but if I did it might have been Brando.
16. Has another celeb ever made you star-struck when you met them? Who?
Wow, I have met a lot of people over the years, there have been some really amazing people. When I see people like DeNiro, Pacino, Stallone, and “Arnold” I am still impressed.
17. Have you ever dressed as a celeb for Halloween? Who?
I have been known to dress up like Jean Claude Van Damme.
18. Who is the one character from movies, TV, literature or music you bring with you to a desert island?
Colonel Kurtz, he was a good organizer under rather adverse circumstances.