On Friday at 5 p.m. PT/8 p.m. ET, Yahoo Live will live stream iHeartRadio's Jingle Ball 2014 at Madison Square Garden in New York. Tune in HERE to watch!
What better way to celebrate the holidays than with your favorite pop stars? The artists behind the year's biggest hits — including Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea, Charli XCX, 5 Seconds of Summer, Meghan Trainor, Calvin Harris, and Shawn Mendes — will descend upon Madison Square Garden on Friday for Z100's iHeartRadio Jingle Ball 2014. The event will be exclusively live streamed on Yahoo Live.
To help you prepare for the four-hour concert, we've compiled a list of things to expect from the all-star event, including the announcement of even more stars as presenters. Take a look:
1. Surprises Galore. iHeartRadio Jingle Ball 2014 viewers should expect the unexpected. Though organizers are tight-lipped about additional featured artists in the works, it's likely that there will be some incredible unannounced performers. At the Jingle Ball for Los Angeles's KISS FM last week, Demi Lovato shocked the crowd when she appeared with Nick Jonas on stage to sing their collab "Avalanche." Gwen Stefani did the same when she showed up during Pharrell's set to perform her new "Spark the Fire." At Philadelphia's Q102 FM's concert Wednesday, a cat-ears-wearing Ariana Grande got into the Christmas spirit, singing her song "Santa Tell Me." Iggy has teased that she is even considering adding something festive to her show.
Cant wait to see some of you at jingle ball too!!!! still tossing up the idea of one or two christmas themed things. I'm undecided.— IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) December 5, 2014
We should also pay close attention to Taylor to see how she is recovering from laryngitis, as she mentioned when playing L.A.'s event. "If you are aware and conscious of the fact that I have laryngitis and am going to need your help singing," she told the crowd, according to Billboard. "But I wasn't going to miss this."
Wouldn't it be awesome if Calvin Harris, Sam Smith, Rita Ora, Pharrell, or Jessie J treated the audience to a guest performance from one of their collaborators? We are feeling optimistic.
2. It's More Than Musicians. In addition to featuring performances from some of the biggest names in music, the show will also include superstar actors. Annie leads Jamie Foxx and Quvenzhané Wallis will join Chris Rock, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Emma Roberts as presenters for the big show. Also making appearances: Ansel Elgort, Seth Rogen, Jesse Tuler Ferguson, Hailee Steinfeld, Bethany Mota, as well as Michael Che and Colin Jost of Saturday Night Live.
3. The Concert Will Be Social-Friendly. Vine star-turned-pop star Shawn Mendes will be in good company. Nash Grier and Cameron Dallas, who also achieved national acclaim by posting six-second videos on the social media app, are among the special guest presenters. Nash and Cameron have, respectively, 10 million and 6 million Vine followers, who tune in to watch the duo's addicting, silly micro sketches that have paved the way for Cameron's movie career. Next Tuesday, Cameron makes his theatrical debut, starring in Expelled, a comedy about a prankster who gets kicked out of high school and hides the news from his parents.
4. XCX + ? = Awesome. Charli XCX fans hoping to get some extra love from the "Boom Clap" singer appear to be in luck. We hear that she may also join another act on stage Friday. Who? We will have to wait and see. But we would definitely love to see Charli and Iggy Azalea team up for their mega hit "Fancy."
5. Jingle Ball Best Of. Those who can't get enough of the four-hour stream will be able to watch an edited, 90-minute version the following Thursday, December 18, on The CW Network at 8 p.m. ET/PT.