The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here: Fifty Shades of Grey hits theaters Friday. Fans of the book — and those who are simply curious — have been waiting with anticipation since word got out that the sexy tale was being turned in to a movie. And if you've seen the trailer, then you are fully aware that Jamie
"Christian Grey" Dornan will be delivering plenty of smoldering looks and sizzling intensity on screen. Sadly, for those of us living in a Fifty Shades world, Jamie isn't anything like Mr. Grey. He's married to British actress Amelia Warner, 32, and in a recent Twitter chat, admitted that "tequila and my family" make him the happiest. So who exactly is the woman who gets to fall into Dornan's chiseled arms each night? Read on...
1. She was sort of married to Colin Farrell. At just 20, Amelia (maybe) married notorious bad boy (we all have a type, right?) Colin Farrell. He was also young, 25, and they wed in a ceremony on a Tahitian beach. Farrell later said of their relationship, "Too fast, too young." Warner later told The Sun that "We didn't actually get married — it's not actually true. I think we've been too polite to deny it. We had a ceremony on a beach in Tahiti that was by no means legal and we knew it wasn't."
2. She did an S&M movie first. 2000’s Quills imagines the last days of the French nobleman, the Marquis de Sade — a real Marquis who proved a danger to everyone around him — in an asylum. While perhaps factually inaccurate, the film touched on the same themes as Fifty Shades (albeit with a much more extreme bent) and a 17-year-old Amelia co-starred as a child bride who gets corrupted by the Marquis. She is well known in the U.K. for her title role in Lorna Doone, the 2000 BBC costume drama.
3. She's a talented musician. Amelia sings with Slow Moving Millie, a group signed to Island Records, who perform their original music and covers. In 2011, they performed a sweet version of The Smith's "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" for an ITV holiday charitiy event in the U.K. Fifty Shades fans are already shipping Jamie and Amelia, pairing her sweet singing with videos of the couple.
4. She’s a mother of a sweet little girl. Amelia and Jamie wed in April 2013, and welcomed a daughter, who they named Dulcie, in November of that same year. "She’s dream stuff. It’s amazing," proud father Jamie told the print version of Vogue U.K. Dulcie is a primarily English name with Latin roots (Dulcis) meaning "sweet."
5. She won't be seeing Jamie's "bum" in Fifty Shades of Grey. While Amelia supports her hubby's acting endeavors, "She doesn't want to watch this," Dornan told USA Today. "She's well aware that it's pretend, but it's probably not that comfortable to watch. There’s quite a long shot of my [butt]," he continued. "I wasn’t hugely comfortable with it when I watched it. That’s my bum. Still my bum. Wow."
Now that's an endorsement. Will you be going to see 50 Shades of Grey?