New Accusations Against Bill Cosby, Who Vows Not to 'Answer to Innuendos'

Bill Cosby performing, sans shoes, on Friday. (Getty Images)
Bill Cosby performing, sans shoes, on Friday. (Getty Images)

No, the Bill Cosby scandal didn't magically resolve itself over the weekend. In fact, there are new accusers and he spoke out. Well, kinda.

Cosby Speaks Out: The Cosby Show patriarch's stand-up show Friday at Eastern Florida State College in Melbourne, Florida, went off without a hitch with audience members even giving him a standing ovation. He spoke with Florida Today prior to his show, saying he had no intention of discussing the sexual assault allegations during his performance.

"I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn't have to answer to innuendos," the 77-year-old old, who has been married to wife Camille since 1964, told the newspaper. "People should fact check. People shouldn't have to go through that and shouldn't answer to innuendos."

New Accusers Emerge: That's the most we've heard from Cosby on the topic, but others have had more to say. Following the long list of accusers last week, Kristina Ruehli, a 71-year-old grandmother from New Hampshire, detailed a 1965 incident when newlywed Cosby invited her to a party when she was a 22-year-old secretary at a talent agency. When she arrived at his house, however, she realized it was a party of two.

After two bourbon and 7s, "I completely passed out. He must have drugged me," she told Philadelphia magazine. When she awoke, "I found myself on the bed, and he had his shirt off. He had unzipped his pants. I was just coming to. He was attempting to force me into oral sex… I just remember looking at his stomach hair. And the hair on his chest."

Luckily, she became sick. "I pushed myself away and ran to the bathroom and threw up. And I never got sick like that from alcohol, at least not that small of an amount," she said. "Once I threw up — it was five in the morning by now, I think — I left the bathroom and he wasn't there. I don't know where he went. But I left right away."

Former Playboy Playmate Victoria Valentino told The Washington Post she was drugged and raped in 1970. After the death of her young son, the comedian tried to cheer her up by taking her and friend to dinner. He gave the women red pills, and later allegedly attacked her.

"It's very difficult for me to talk about what he did," she said. "I can't hear his name. I can't see his image on television. You just feel ashamed and dirty, even though you know it wasn't your fault."

Joyce Emmons, who knew Cosby from the comedy club circuit, said he gave her a Quaalude to help her with a migraine, according to TMZ. When she woke up, she was in Cosby's bed with one of the comedian's friends that she had turned down earlier in the night.

Alleged Inappropriateness on The Cosby Show Set: Michelle Hurd, who appeared on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, also accused "America's Dad" of sexually inappropriate behavior while she was an extra on The Cosby Show. She said Cosby took a special interest in her, and they did "weird acting exercises" where he "would move his hands up and down my body." Unlike another woman on the set she was friendly with, she "dodged the ultimate bullet with him" when he invited her to his house to "take a shower so we could blow dry my hair and see what it looked like straightened." She said, "At that point my own red flags went off and I told him, 'No, I'll just come to work tomorrow with my hair straightened.'"

A Former NBC Employee Speaks: Beyond that, a 90-year-old ex-NBC employee named Frank Scotti said he helped Cosby pay off women, delivering thousands of dollars to eight ladies between 1989 and 1990, during The Cosby Show heyday. Scotti saved copies of money orders from the era, detailing the alleged payouts. He also stood guard when the actor invited young models – some as young as 16 — to his dressing room, which ultimately led him to quit his job.

"It bothered me," Scotti said. "You've got all of these kids, every time. I used to like him, but that's the reason I quit him after so many years — because of the girls."

A lawyer for Cosby called Scott's story "pure speculation" in an attempt for the nonagenarian to "get his 15 minutes of fame."

Lisa Bonet Doesn't: Meanwhile, Lisa Bonet, who played the star's daughter Denise on The Cosby Show, isn't slamming her TV dad on social media. An unverified Twitter account in her name featured a cryptic message about "karma of past actions." Her spokesperson told People magazine, "Lisa Bonet has no social media of any kind. Any posts made in her name were made by impersonators with unverified accounts. She also has no comment on the ongoing story."

His Tour Continues: What's next for Cosby? More tour dates. While his show this Friday in Las Vegas was canceled, he'll be in Yakima, Washington, on Saturday followed by Tarrytown, New York, for two shows on Dec. 6.

A spokesperson for the New York venue — the non-profit Tarrytown Music Hall — posted a Facebook message addressing complaints they had been receiving about not canceling Cosby's show: "The way our business works is that a contract exists between Cosby and AM productions, the promoter, which in turn rents the Music Hall as a venue," explained executive director Bjorn Olsson. "If AM breaks their contract with Cosby, they still have to pay him the guarantee; same thing if we break the rental contract with AM, except they would then be forced to come after us to recoup the money they owe Cosby. Since he is a very expensive artist, this would be a tremendous blow to The Music Hall, likely to force layoffs, and cuts in our community programs. So, in short, cancelling the show or refunding tickets would not hurt Bill Cosby, only The Music Hall, a non-profit organization, and the promoter."

So, the show will go on — and the Cosby saga continues as well.